Eden Marie

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Rome Visit

At the beginning of our marathon of traveling we made our way down to Georgia.  Jeff had a conference in Atlanta and I went over to Rome to hang out with Harroll and Linda until he could join us.
We had a blast- and I am so glad I went when I did- I had the burst of energy some women talk about during pregnancy, and we took advantage of it!
      They have their house on the market, and as soon as it sells, Linda will get to join Harroll over in Florence where he has begun a new job- and we all pray it happens very soon.  There is a HUGE antiques store in Rome that I just had to make sure I got to go to one more time.  We're talking big.  Linda and I are shopping buddies, and so that was our first stop when I got into town.  Over the course of the next 3 days we also were able to find hostess gifts for my upcoming showers, and go to Atlanta to pay our friend Ikea a visit.  All that equals a lot of fun shopping! After our Ikea trip, Jeff finished his conference and we picked him up to bring back with us to Rome.  The next day he and his dad went golfing- something special they love to do together if the weather cooperates.  Before they left- Jeff got a big surprise-
A new set of clubs!  This was a really special gift- in part because it is something Jeff was able to do both with his Papaw and now his dad, but also because Jeff has wanted/needed new clubs since, well... at least as long as I've known him :)  I even think he beat his dad that day on the course :)
Linda and I took advantage of a photo op at a house near their neighborhood:
This is my 28 week belly pic :)  Jeff and I both forgot that there are several references to Eden in his parents' area... We joked that now it seems that Eden is actually a family name- not only is it all over their neighborhood, but Linda's father is called Ed... though we will not be calling Eden that... :) (did you read that Mzee?)
We left Saturday afternoon.  Our weekend trips have changed since Jeff began as middle school minister.  He only get 2 Sundays off a year, so we have to get creative and usually leave on a Thursday, return on a Saturday for our weekend trips.
This time the pups stayed at "grand-camp".  Linda was sweet enough to watch them while we left the next week on a mission trip.  Not only does it help us out, but she gets quality time with her grandpups- they adore her!
possibly their favorite spot at her house...
they spent the week taking over the house, and protecting Linda- especially from clocks and other fearsome things...

When Harroll packed up to head back to work, Libby decided she should join him...
This may, hopefully, be our last trip to Rome to see them.  Hopefully the next visit they will be closer in Florence... and we'll have little Eden with us as well... :)

1 comment:

linda in georgia said...

Enjoyed your visit to Rome! We will miss the antique mall here after we move. Will have to find one in AL. And as always, I had a great time bonding with Libby and Chaco!