Unintentionally, I have taken time off from recording little details of this pregnancy journey on here... a few days ago I was reminded of the importance of doing this by a friend's creative idea. It reminded me that memories are so precious, and regardless of how busy life gets. Although I really value creative expression- the kind you can hold and touch- the traditional way of preserving memories- scrapbooking is overwhelming to me- just another project to not finish :) And I certainly shouldn't be accruing more of those at this point in my life. But, the mini book idea she does was inspiring, maybe a few of those will turn up- I need my creative energy to be spent somehow. Regardless this is a good medium to use for thoughts and pictures- important things that would be lost in the busyness otherwise.
The thing that I was particularly struck by was the title of one of the little books- "Awaiting Anna".
That is where we are-
Expecting Eden
It really sounds like the name of a Derek Webb album, which is really beautiful to me. Expecting God's best for us... to come someday. This slice of it is coming to us in 94 short days according to our little counter on this blog. That realization comes with both excitement and anxiety. It has been easy to become surrounded with the varied opinions and guidelines on safety, baby necessities, and parenting models. this feels like the most important thing we have embarked on together- and while I don't want to take it lightly, I also don't want to be bogged down by over-anxiety, materialism, or perfectionism. All those things seem very easy to slip into.
So here we are- next week I will begin my third trimester. Wow.
The thing that I am most overwhlemed with, that I want to always be overwhlemed with- is that God has allowed us to keep her all of these months- that she is healthy, and currently exhibiting a lot of energy in my belly, causing it to move and change shapes in ways I have never seen before. and my prayer is that God will continue to bless us with her little life- my arms ache to hold her even now.

1 comment:
Oh my, the words Expecting Eden are so beautiful! Derek Webb would totally make a sweet album out of that title!
I also have a little journal for each of my boys. There are just some short and sweet moments that I want to record down for our memory, that perhaps do not make enough material for a blog post or they are just not things I want everyone to know. You should try that too. It is not a baby book, for it is just a bunch of blank pages where I write little moments down. Less stress when there are no official blanks to fill in monthly.
Post a Comment