Granny Ruthie is a VERY talented seamstress/artist/knitter... you name it :) She taught me how to sew at a young age, though I always say that if it needs to be done correctly and look really good- she should do it :)
We have been combining some very fun quality time together and fabric shopping in preparation for creating Eden's baby bedding.
A trip to Short Sheet outlet in Crossville, and then to Sir's fabrics in Fayetteville, and Joann's in good ole Rivergate helped us find most of the fabrics we needed. I made a few trips down to Nashville and we came up with a fun design. It has been such a cool experience collaborating with my artistic momma. So glad she passed her genes on to me- maybe Eden will get some artistic genes from me, and her Daddy.
I snapped a few pics to document our progress...
 |
| Granny Ruthie ironing |
 |
| some of our paper patterns |
 |
| a blurry pic of our design- its gonna be so cute! |
 |
| some of the fabrics we searched far and wide for! |
2 comments:
It is a good thing that Granny Ruthie is so talented. Lahlah isn't! Hopefully, Eden will inherit the trait. The bedding is beautiful! I did help pick out some of the material.....
How exciting! Those fabrics look great :O)
Post a Comment