Eden Marie

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Gatlinburg Connection Conference

Eden got to take part in her first speaking engagement this weekend... :) 
For the past four years we have been honored to be asked to speak at the Acteens' conference as small group session leaders.  This year we estimated we spoke to around 600 girls and their leaders... and we spoke about... boys! :)  Over the years we have spoken about other topics- but honestly we love talking to them about boys the best.  For one thing Jeff gets to share some of his personal experiences, AND they really pay better attention to this topic :)
I say Eden took part not only because the  attended by default, but also because it is the first time it became very apparent to me that Eden had taken up much more real estate in by belly- leaving my lungs much much less room to work.  Our first session I began gasping for air as if I were running a marathon... :)  so in the other sessions I made an effort to speak much more slowly. 
We not only enjoy speaking and participating in the conference, but this has been our little getaway each year... We love love love to travel, and this was our last far away trip before we add an adorable and squirmy little one to our family.  Unfortunately I only took one not so great pic of us- but we spent the weekend resting in our nice hotel room, speaking, and eating.. a lot... of good food.  We always pick a special place to visit each year- and this time it was the Apple Barn. And there we took our one not so great pic- here it is :)
what did I tell you? :)

No comments: