Eden Marie

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, April 22, 2011

33 weeks

Big ole belly!!!
We just got back from our appt and Dr. Riggan said her heartbeat sounded great, everything looks good- be back in two weeks :)  I now love to ask him how she's positioned in my belly- I never trust that my guesses are accurate... and he said that she is actually now in the head down position- Which completely explains why my belly has felt much lower the past few days... and lots more pressure (and potty breaks!).  Its exciting to hear that she is now in a good birthing position- he said it is unlikely she will flip around much now- there's just not enough room for her anymore!  Praise Jesus for her being head down- yay! 
In other 33 week facts- 
Daddy Projects!
Jeff is busy as a bee- this weekend he is in process of mulching all of our flower beds and even repairing some of the edging we did last year.  Yesterday I tried to pitch in by weeding the front corner bed.  I was able to do it, but not without much grunting and groaning as I bent over.  I now also understand why it was so difficult to do that as well! :)  It is sometimes hard to be okay with not being able to help as much as I want to- though my energy level usually keeps me from going too overboard most of the time.
NESTING! 
I say that Jeff and I both are nesting.  Mine has been coming in fast paced- almost frenzied spurts.  This morning I woke up on my own- 2 hrs earlier than necessary and proceeded to run all over the house doing little things till it was time to leave for our appointment.  At one point Jeff was getting ready and asked me if I was okay- I was so out of breath from my busy nesting projects.  Now, I am parked on the couch till I muster up more energy to at least supervise some of the yard work taking place outside :) 
Birthing Classes!
We have been taking classes every Tuesday night from our doula- Gaylea.  We love it!  There 6 other couples in the class with us, with me being the second furthest along.  We love the class because it not only educates us about the birthing process, it is preparing us to do natural childbirth and to approach it relying on God as the center of that experience.  It has really allowed us to refocus our attention on praying for this little one and the day she is going to be born.  It is so easy to be distracted by preparations and registries and showers etc... We also love the fact that there is no dogmatic person in our class  saying this is the one "right" way to give birth, but instead presents us with facts and scenarios and helps us make decisions along the way.  So yeah- I am actually starting to look forward to birth, and definitely find myself daydreaming about holding my sweet little baby- VERY SOON! :)

1 comment:

linda in georgia said...

I can't wait to hold my sweet granddaughter! All your nesting makes me tired!