Eden Marie

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 19, 2010

a ritual of sorts

Sometimes when my clients are moving out of something big and difficult in their lives, I help them mark the beginning of something new and better somehow.  Sometimes it seems appropriate to just talk about it, or draw a picture symbolizing it... or even maybe burning something representing the hard time that they are moving out of. 
In anticipation of a difficult semester, I made a large calendar beginning in January and going through the end. On it I put every appointment, class time, work time, practicum time, conference etc... and marked them off as they passed by.

I have now made it to the end of the calendar and the overly full and often difficult time it represented.   As I say to my clients, and to myself; I survived, now I want to move on, and thrive. 

So I had my own little ritual this morning. 


It felt really good.  I can feel the warmth of the sunlight at the end of the tunnel.  I am almost there. 

And this went up to show my schedule for the summer. 

Glorious isn't it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:O) Awesome!