Eden Marie

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Remembering

Memorial Day weekend is always a bittersweet time for us.  The Lord has brought us so very far in the three years since our miscarriage.  We spent some time remembering and praising Him for His faithfulness in our lives today.  I am so grateful that through our losses and our gains, our marriage is stronger now than ever before.  I am truly married to my best friend- and we're about to have a baby! 
Our loss three years ago has definitely cause moments of paralyzing fear during this pregnancy.  I can honestly say, though, that the Lord carried me through those times, and still does.  we have learned more about trust Him and His plan during the past 9 month than I had thought possible.  There is peace in knowing that He really means what He said in Jeremiah 29:11-
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future..." 
Three years ago we painted a little clay box together with that scripture on it.  His promises are true.  And for now we prayerfully await the day and time that He calls Eden from my womb, and we have the blessing of raising her.  Such an amazing thing.

No comments: