Eden Marie

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, January 21, 2011

:)

We've decided on a name!

Eden Marie Henry

Now I want to tell you where it came from...

We both love the concept that Eden (the garden) was really God's best for us. A perfect place to live in relationship with Him. We really want that for our baby girl- God's best- whether in her relationship with God, in her life choices, her future husband etc...- whatever that may be. Jeff has always called me his "best"- what God intended for him. He's such a sweet husband.

To be honest, I've been calling baby girl this name ever since I found out I was pregnant. As you can imagine I am so glad that she is a she- otherwise my bonding with her that first trimester would have been a little skewed I guess :) It may seem strange, but doing that, calling her by a name, helped me get through those weeks of being so sick- I wasn't just doing this for some abstract concept- it was for a beautiful baby with a name- who, thankfully, it turns out is a girl. :) Also, thankfully, Jeff loved the name as well. We had always thought it would take us forever to agree- but it didn't at all.

We had thought we would choose a name from a country in our European adventure- but when it came down to making a decision- we just didn't even consider another name. This was the one, it had been from the very beginning.

Marie is my middle name and I have always loved it. In fact, we had considered using it for a first name back in the early years we were married and thinking of names. In the end we decided to use it as her middle name to give her a connection not only to me, but also to one of my grandmothers- who I got it from. Even so, I like the fact that she gets to have that connection without it being her identity. Her first name is all her own.

We had considered not sharing the name until later- having a surprise at the end for everyone, knowing for sure it was the right name, not having to hear anyone's dissenting opinions about our choice, etc... We changed our minds first-when we were so sure of the name- without question, and then- when we realized what a great opportunity it was for our family to bond with her as well. It didn't feel right to not share it and give them the opportunity we have- to know her by name before we all get to meet her.

So there you have it. Little Bean now has a name :)

1 comment:

momma said...

And I love it - Eden Marie - Mzee has observed that I am saying Eden Marie many times throughout the day....I like the way it sounds....now if we could just see those curls on ultrasound!! love your three <>< GRANNY RUTHIE