We went in for our 20 week appointment today and heard a strong heart beat. Love hearing that! Dr. Riggan also reported that the ultrasound results looked great- our little girl is in the 63%- already a little overachiever- at least by a little bit :)
Again, I'm not sure if I'll always post this- but apparently my first month of eating and keeping it down resulted in 9lbs gained this month. At first that made me gasp- but then I realized- the sum total of 12lbs gained overall is in a good range... Not sure if I've ever gained 9lbs in a month before... hopefully post pregnancy I never will :)
I am told by the sweet moms at church that I am "so cute" and "all belly"... and I ask them to please keep saying that to me through the third trimester... true or not :)
I do get a lot of "so when are you due?" with questioning looks at my belly- and have had a couple of- "you sure there's just one?"... Ah the things people ask during pregnancy- its only just begun I'm sure!
Every week Jeff and I read our Pregnancy Week by Week chapter together... its fun to imagine baby girl's size changing etc together. I love that the book gives you little bits of information at a time- less overwhelming.
I am starting to feel much stronger flutters now- nothing that can be felt outside the belly yet though. Jeff and I are excited about that part coming. She does seem to be active sometimes though- its such a cool feeling.
This month has been the first that I have been able to enjoy food and even begin cooking again. I still have my food aversions leftover from that first trimester craziness, but they are slowly disappearing. The only "craving" I have had so far is grapefruit. Its really more of a preference. Izze grapefruit soda, Simply Grapefruit juice, and grapefruit segments are all in our fridge right now. Its funny because I have never been able to enjoy the tartness of grapefruit before- now I can't get enough of it!
We've begun our registries at Target, Babys-R-Us, and possibly Pottery Barn Kids... Let me tell you, registering is a bit overwhelming- especially in the mondo mega-store of Babys-R-Us. We still haven't finished- the big things seem to be harder choices- but the cute little pink things are easy to zap with the scanner! Jeff loves that part!
It seems that Jeff has the nesting thing going on as well- since we found out we were pregnant he has been focused on unfinished home projects- which is great! So far the ceiling molding is nearing completion- a task its taken us a few years to get to- yay for progress! Now then the baby's room.... oh my.
| Haha! Just had to share- Jeff's precarious molding job- our friend Justin was an amazing help! |

No comments:
Post a Comment