Eden Marie

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Jeff is 29!!!

Jeff turned 29! Woohoo!
This year his birthday fell on a Wednesday- the busiest day of his week.  I really wanted to make it a special day anyway so I surprised him at work with a birthday cake to share.  It was also "staff grazing day"- an annual event where everyone brings a dish to share and they "graze" all day long.  His birthday cake was his contribution to the smorgasbord of goodness. :)

That night was supposed to be the middle school Christmas celebration complete with a concert and a birthday cake for Jesus.  Unfortunately some nasty weather was predicted and they had to cancel Wednesday night activities at the church.  It was even more unfortunate when we really didn't see the promised weather up here at all... Even so- Jeff got the night off, and was home hours earlier than normal.  I cooked him  a roast- one of his favs, and we had two surprise visits before dinner- two families stopped by to drop off his birthday presents.  They were going to give them to him at church, but since they both lived nearby thought they'd come by instead.  He was home for one of them and was greeted by silly string in the face and singing.  It was really cute- though I can't say Libby or Chaco like it very much :)

He then got to open his birthday cards and have some yummy dindin.  Unfortunately I was having a sick day/night and fell fast asleep at 9pm.  He put me to bed and then got to watch a movie until he also fell asleep on the couch. Is that a sign of his 29 years? :)  It wasn't what we had expected on his birthday, but I think it turned out fun anyway.

Tonight we are going to dinner with some great friends and to the Andrew Peterson Christmas concert.  It's a huge treat and we are excited about it- this is what we had intended to be Jeff's birthday celebration- so hopefully we'll have pics to share!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jeff! (and for the record, 9PM is pretty good for a tired pregnant woman!)