November 25th, 12 weeks
They say pregnanct women glow- well my belly certainly does :)
Although I haven't really gained more than a few pounds, I have a definite baby belly. I am now in maternity pants, which are too big, but feel better than anything tight on me. I can still wear regular shirts, which I hope will be the case for a while. Maternity clothes are expensive and scarce! It has definitely helped our budget that I am not tempted to buy clothes much now :)
As of this week I am in the full fledged nausea phase. In fact I celebrated reaching twleve weeks this morning by tossing my pre-breakfast breakfast (the little meal you eat right when you get up to keep from getting sick... didn't work this time:) Even so I was determined to partake in the first of our Thanksgiving feasts today with my dad's side of the family, and I was able to, yay!
I am currently taking a form of phenagrine and although it makes me feel like a zombie, it is helping a lot. (btw- evryone said their miracle drug was zofran for nausea- I tried it, and let's just say it did not work for me) It's been a little hard for me to be willing to take medication for what is a typical prenancy symptom. I am not someone that typically rushes to take something for every ache and pain. Even so, I had to really allow myself to be humbled at 9 weeks, when the nausea became much more intense and the threat of dehydration was more serious, and agree to taking some meds. It feels different to say that I will take something to make sure I can be healthy so that my baby can be healthy. So there we go :) I feel like right now my world revolves around whether I am about to toss my cookies or not- definitely ready for that to be over. Ok, Enough of that.
The only other pregnancy symptom I am noticing more is a bedtime that gets earlier and earlier. I mean we're talking 7:30- 8:00 most nights. It actually works well for us; we have dinner, hang out for a bit, and I go to bed early. Then Jeff gets to stay up and watch football, or netflix that I won't watch (usually involves blood, action, and suspense). And then I sleep till 8 or even 9 then next morning. I am definitely relishing that now- after little bean comes that will be a thing of the past.
We have now told most of the church, and facebook- which might as well be the whole world :) It is really nice now to be able to talk freely about being pregnant. Its also fun to see how the nurturing side of many moms comes out around a new young mother- very sweet.
I honestly can't say that I feel like I have gotten to enjoy being pregnant yet- I am still hopeful that I will get past this phase soon and start on some of the fun parts I've heard about (baby moving, burst of energy, etc...)
Praising God for a healthy pregnancy- we have our next dr. appt on Monday so I'll update about that at some point soon.
Dr. Appt update:
Our 12 week appointment went well- we mostly discussed ways to help with the nausea/vomiting, and getting to hear the heartbeat through the doppler thing! That was super fun- it took a few minutes to find, but it was a strong, fast heart beat. I wasn't surprised to see that I had gained a whopping 2lbs. :) I am sure I will not be posting that throughout the whole pregnancy :) We made an appointment for our big ultrasound- January 10th. Yay!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Jack has weighed in...he thinks it will be a girl...he also told me she would be named Baby Julia....when I told him she needed a different name, since that one is already taken...he said Baby Gia....hmmmm....
Post a Comment