From August 7th-18th we got to go to Cookeville three different times. It sounds like a lot of driving, and at fist that what we thought as well- but it ended up being a lot of fun.
The first Saturday Christian and Ben had their premiere family hosting party at their house. Of course I don't have any pics to share- I really need to start bringing my camera with me! We enjoyed a gourmet meal and hanging out with both her parents (and Jeff's :) as well as his. Lot's o' fun :)
The second Saturday we came in to celebrate the August birthdays on my side of the family- Steve and Daniel's. Steve turned the big 60 this year and equally as important- Daniel turned 18! He is now settled into his dorm at Vanderbilt and undergoing band camp there. We had a roasting game of putt putt- during which Jack and I eventually threw in the towel. I said I was getting him out of the heat, but really I was just as hot as he was poor thing! Its a tradition to play putt putt on Daniel' birthday- he's loved the game since he was a very little tyke. It was really funny to see Jack play the game for the first time. He "helped" my ball into the hole during many of the rounds- which I didn't mind a bit!
We then had a delish meal at Crawdaddy's an then time back at the Cooper's house... Wesley is even sweeter and squishier than the last time I saw him!
Finally the next week I got to come in and hang out with some long time friends. Both Brittany Willis and Erin Erb are two of my best friends and bridesmaids in our wedding. They knew Jeff and I before we were an "us"- its really special to have friends like that. This third trip was specifically planned because Erin is moving to Sweden mid September and I wanted to spend time with her before she left. She is going to spend more time with a really wonderful guy... and we'll see were it goes from there :) Hopefully there will be more of the story to share later :)
| sweet Erin |
| handsome Swedish guy- skype is so cool! |


No comments:
Post a Comment