Friday, July 30, 2010
new summer job- woohoo!
This summer I decided to sale down on the hours I worked outside of my practicum hours. We really felt it would be beneficial for me to be available to explore more of the expressive arts field and also start my job search for the fall. It was pretty amazing- a position was available in the summer daycamp for a middle school activities instructor. The daycamp at First Baptist is unlike anything I have heard of other places. It consists of 50 or so staffers and hundred of children ages 5-15. Each week has a fun theme and a ton of activities to go along with it. The summer before we married I actually worked as an instructor at this same daycamp. I joked that I had come full circle in my employment at the church :)
This new position at the church worked out perfectly. I was no longer gone most nights of the week. I had the freedom to plan whatever activities I wanted for the kids to do for 9 hours of their week. And although they didn't know it- I began to test out some art therapy activities in our time together. Pretty cool.
I really felt blessed that right when I realized that God was leading me to do something different job-wise in my last semester of grad school, an opportunity appeared that worked out perfectly. Yet another reason why this blog is called j.jireh adventures. God is truly our Jehovah Jireh, our provider, and He proves that to us over and over and over again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment