Eden Marie

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Kamp Kaboom at Crossings

This summer the Student Ministry at FBCH has only one trip- Kamp Kaboom.  This year it was held at Crossings Camp in Bagdad, KY.   Since our first summer at this church, back in 2006, we have always put on our own camp.  This year because of some pre planning and shifts in staff, we decided to change things up and go to a camp with other churches put on by the Crossings Camps.  Overall it was a really fun experience.  We missed some of the aspects of creating our own camps- such as coming up with cool t-shirts and a cool crazy character for the theme of the week.  But there were some things about it that we enjoyed.  Specifically Jeff had the opportunity to spend a lot more time with our kids, rather than running around getting details accomplished.  He had a group of little 6th grade boys that were so funny- they adored Jeff- I think they may have even come up with a secret handshake for their little group :)  My favorite part of youth trips is being a smal group leader.  I am not talented with being on stage like Jeff is, but I love having the small group time with girls and getting to know them rally well.  This year I had 8th grade girls.  They were challenging in a lot of ways, and I really enjoyed them.  Here are some pics from Kamp Kaboom at Crossings:
Our group ready to go! We took around 150 kids this year, and 20 adults... 
if only they knew how much they outnumbered us- we'd be toast! :)

 youth minister of the day!

Jeff conquering the "blob"- a huge "pillow" filled with air that you launch people off of into the lake :) 
take my word for it- its fun :)

Yes, even I, the very white one on the right :), blobbed at Kamp. 
There is no pictorial proof of mine- but these are the ladies that also blobbed the same day. 

No comments: