In October one or both of us have been out of town 3 out of 5 weekends-I feel like I always say "we've been busy"... but we kinda have!
So of course this weekend we decided to throw a party :) Friday night we had some friends over for a "Pampering and Pyros Party"... Our first boy girl party to throw in our new house. On the menu was what is now going to be known as One-Of-the-Best-Ideas-Jeff-Has-Ever-Had: a mini slider bar with many fixin's to choose from. Everyone agreed this is possibly their new favorite way to eat burgers :) and for dessert- tiny pumpkin pies/blobs :)
Then girls were pampered by Arbonne extraordinaire Kristen Webster, and the guys were supposed to burn things in our backyard. Torrential rain kept the boys from realizing their full pyromaniac potential- even so they huddled under the carport and chatted, relatively dry except for the river running down the dirt, er, mud driveway :)
these are the exceptionally cute pumpkin lights that lined our walkway- until Noah's Ark floated by and we had to bring them inside... Maybe I can recreate them next year...
On Halloween we left the house early decided to "divide and conquer". Jeff helped a friend of ours move (Really, we should pay penance for the next five years for as many times as everyone has helped us move...) And I helped with a "Least of These" service morning. Our church has been collecting shoe boxes to take to the Dominican Republic- where our friends Brandon and Nikki are moving to in a few months:):(...
Least of These is a group of students organized by the amazing Janae, one of the girls who has been faithfully in my Bible Study for the past 2 1/2 years. Its been very cool to watch her grow in a young woman after God's own heart!
Afterwards we went to see a sweet little puppy... more on that later... maybe...
And went to the Gallatin Walmart, along with the rest of the town, to get candy and costumes. We were inspired for our costumes by a blog I read- and I think they turned out really cute...and the new pajama pants we both wore with them are really comfy, although I don't recommend flip flops on Halloween. But hey! I had to coordinate my purple outfit with purple flops, the things I sacrifice for fashion.
Our friends Ricky and Jennifer had a party at their new little farmhouse. Ricky made their son Jehu's costume, it was possibly the best I've seen. Ricky was Max, complete with a crown and pin on striped tail.
Ricky was Max, complete with a crown and pin on striped tail.

1 comment:
who carved the tree on the pumpkin? i love the lego idea...
Post a Comment