Thankfully we decided to split the 1/2 lb monster. Not so thankfully we chose the traditional style- fried. we left very very full, as you can see by Jeff's pic.
We went back to passé-a-grill because of how beautiful the beach was there. So we set up our rusty chairs, I put on my new floppy hat Jeff bought me in Ybor City from Urban Outfitters, ad we relaxed. We napped, ate snacks, laughed at the gulls, read, played in the water… notice I never said put on sunscreen. After about five hours of bliss, we packed it in and headed home. The lobster-ness was truly amazing to behold. And painful. You’d think after 24 years of sunburns I would have caught on. :) For dinner we went to this random bar-b-que shack called The Angry Pepper. I had brisket, Jeff had smoked sausage. It was probably the most “down home” meal we’d had all week, and it was delish. The sweet potato fries were completely yummy. And then… sad… we headed home to pack.
I think that the best part of our trip was just spending so much time together talking and laughing and dreaming. Life doesn’t always allow that. But for that one week we did. It was so fun to remember that we are not just cohorts in a busy life, but we are best friends enjoying the time God has given us together. He really knew what He was doing when He put us together.

No comments:
Post a Comment