Eden Marie

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Happy Fall!!!


My my, Its been over a month, and i've missed my dear little blog! It is two days before Turkey day... and i am avoiding all the things i should be doing- homework, housework, and working out...
Yes, I did say working out! I decided about a month ago that i was fed up with the state of things and will not succumb to the added pounds. So i am in an eight week prgram with a fabulous personal trainer named Lindsey. I love her because: 1. she continously pushes me to the limit and won't let me whine much about it and 2. she's in to healthy eating like me. My goal is to develop habits over the rest of my time (4 more weeks!) that I will continue for ever... and ever... and ever... :)Now I am just wondering if i will ever actually enjoy working out...
Can I just say that I love grad school? I have had the feeling many times while sitting in class that God created me to be right here, learning these exact things. Now, the reading and homework is completely overwhelming... but to a very wonderful end goal. So I am okay with it. Although I am unsure about how to successfully fit all these new things into our already busy lives. Next semester I will double my class load, and work one less day at church. We shall see how that goes.
Other random ramblings- I have just discovered that I must abstain from looking at petfinder.com it is full of so many sweet little pups. Irrationally I would like to have another little dog. As sweet as Libby and possibly the same size. Oh my- not that i am bored with my life or anything... Its just that getting her a year ago December was such a wonderful blessing... and she continues to be. (even when she rolls about in poop- her new favorite hobby:)
Here are some pics from our Student Ministry Fall Retreat. We had a blast and Jeff and I got to design the set together. It was a lot of fun to get to be creative again, and it turn out so well! We designed it to look like two giant corkboards and then gradually added enormous post-it notes as the sessions went on. Add to that a giant salvation braclet made from rope and huge thumbtacks made from spray painted frisbees on flower pots and voila! here it is!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow! I'm so glad you get the chance to use your creative talents. What a great idea for the back drop. Your brain amazes me! :)