
so i have been very fascinated by the 25 things notes epidemic on facebook... i have LOVED reading all of them from friends...I just think it shows how much we want to be deeply known...
so... now its my turn!
26. it is really important to me to be open and honest as much as i can be. vulnerability is scary but also so very rewarding at times.
25. When I was in Middle School I was incredibly awkward. So much so that some high school senior boys used to follow me around and make fun of me... Now I wonder why they didn't have more important things to do...
24. I met my husband in an art gallery on Tech's campus. I was working and he was giving tours. Then he came back every week after that and just "happened" to run into me there...and skipped his morning class...he was, and is so sweet to me.
23. I am often overwhelmed by stress, yet still choose to stay busy... and therefore i am usually stressed...not sure why i am that way...
22. i played clarinet for six years. i love to make music, so I bought a sweet metallic purple acoustic/electric guitar when i graduated from high school- i learned to play "ode to joy" on it and that was it. the ole clarinet may need to make an appearance sometime so i can squeak on it for a bit...
21. my primary love language is quality time... so all i want from people is to be able to sit and talk with them and know they are listening and caring as much as i am. it makes giving me gifts very inexpensive... :)
20. i thought i would be the child in my family that would live the furthest away, and somehow I am the closest... and i actually kinda like it.
19. I grew up with four brothers, three sisters, a mom, dad, stepmom, stepdad and NO dog!!! My stepmom's side is from South Korea, and my stepdad was a missionary in Africa before I knew him. I love the diversity in my family.
18. i had a miscarriage during memorial day weekend last year. it was the hardest thing I have ever experienced. i am still healing i think. one thing that comforts me is knowing that i have a sweet little baby that got to be in heaven with Jesus before I did. i can't wait to meet her/him one day.
17. i don't pay much attention to capitalizing and punctuation when i write from my heart...on purpose... my fav poet is ee cummings- that's why...
16. one of my biggest dreams is to backpack around Europe.
15. my favorite summer job was working as the summer intern at the TN Baptist Children's Home in Memphis. My second favorite was working with artist missionaries in Portugal another summer. i am so grateful i took advantage of those times to do things i could only do in that season of my life.
14. i'm a bit of a health nut, but i still haven't fallen in love with exercise... i am trying though...most of the time :)
13. i love love love to cook, but i hate washing dishes... and putting up laundry... my sweet husband does those things for me
12. i am studying to be a marriage and family therapist. i love it.
11. i am a half introvert/extrovert. i love to meet new people and am the person at a party to have focused, meaningful conversations and really get to know a few people. but then i have to go home and have a little bit of alone time to recharge.
10. i work as the girls' ministry coordinator at my church. i love working with adolescent girls soooo much, they are so cool and teach me so many things...
9. i have an amazing little pup named Libby. i call her my furry baby. she makes me a little more patient about waiting on having babies... for now.
8. i have struggled with depression at some points in my life. when that happens, that is a really hard place to be.
7. i am married to the love of my life. he is the perfect opposite to me in many ways. even so we are the same in so many other ways. i am amazed by his patience and unconditional love for me...
6. jeff didn't think we were meant to marry each other at first because i was sure i wanted to be in ministry with my husband, and he was going to only be an engineer. its interesting how things change without any planning on our part, but perfect planning on God's part.
5. finding real & authentic community after graduating from college has been a difficult journey, one that i think i am still on...
4. i studied fiber in art school. my emphasis was in surface design, specifically natural dyes. i really miss having that opportunity to be creative in my every day life. i worked in an art gallery when i graduated and learned to really love interior design as well.
3. i am a certified art teacher. i realized after student teaching that i wanted more one on one interaction with kids to help them with things they were dealing with. hence the marriage and family therapy :) and let me just say that psychology masters programs are VERY different from fine art undergrad programs... i've been a bit culture shocked, but am adjusting to articles and papers and reading text books with absolutely no pictures...
2. i have been in a spiritual desert off and on for a few years now. being in ministry, and church often seeming to be "work", has presented some challenges to my daily walk with God that i haven't quite figured out how to overcome... jeremiah 29:11-13 has been really important to me in this season... i still have a hope that He is what He says He is. i know i can trust that even when i don't understand Him.
1. we are in the process of buying our first house. its a little bit of a fixer upper, which we are so excited about... and i will get to have a little studio in one of the spare bedrooms...yay!
so... now its my turn!
26. it is really important to me to be open and honest as much as i can be. vulnerability is scary but also so very rewarding at times.
25. When I was in Middle School I was incredibly awkward. So much so that some high school senior boys used to follow me around and make fun of me... Now I wonder why they didn't have more important things to do...
24. I met my husband in an art gallery on Tech's campus. I was working and he was giving tours. Then he came back every week after that and just "happened" to run into me there...and skipped his morning class...he was, and is so sweet to me.
23. I am often overwhelmed by stress, yet still choose to stay busy... and therefore i am usually stressed...not sure why i am that way...
22. i played clarinet for six years. i love to make music, so I bought a sweet metallic purple acoustic/electric guitar when i graduated from high school- i learned to play "ode to joy" on it and that was it. the ole clarinet may need to make an appearance sometime so i can squeak on it for a bit...
21. my primary love language is quality time... so all i want from people is to be able to sit and talk with them and know they are listening and caring as much as i am. it makes giving me gifts very inexpensive... :)
20. i thought i would be the child in my family that would live the furthest away, and somehow I am the closest... and i actually kinda like it.
19. I grew up with four brothers, three sisters, a mom, dad, stepmom, stepdad and NO dog!!! My stepmom's side is from South Korea, and my stepdad was a missionary in Africa before I knew him. I love the diversity in my family.
18. i had a miscarriage during memorial day weekend last year. it was the hardest thing I have ever experienced. i am still healing i think. one thing that comforts me is knowing that i have a sweet little baby that got to be in heaven with Jesus before I did. i can't wait to meet her/him one day.
17. i don't pay much attention to capitalizing and punctuation when i write from my heart...on purpose... my fav poet is ee cummings- that's why...
16. one of my biggest dreams is to backpack around Europe.
15. my favorite summer job was working as the summer intern at the TN Baptist Children's Home in Memphis. My second favorite was working with artist missionaries in Portugal another summer. i am so grateful i took advantage of those times to do things i could only do in that season of my life.
14. i'm a bit of a health nut, but i still haven't fallen in love with exercise... i am trying though...most of the time :)
13. i love love love to cook, but i hate washing dishes... and putting up laundry... my sweet husband does those things for me
12. i am studying to be a marriage and family therapist. i love it.
11. i am a half introvert/extrovert. i love to meet new people and am the person at a party to have focused, meaningful conversations and really get to know a few people. but then i have to go home and have a little bit of alone time to recharge.
10. i work as the girls' ministry coordinator at my church. i love working with adolescent girls soooo much, they are so cool and teach me so many things...
9. i have an amazing little pup named Libby. i call her my furry baby. she makes me a little more patient about waiting on having babies... for now.
8. i have struggled with depression at some points in my life. when that happens, that is a really hard place to be.
7. i am married to the love of my life. he is the perfect opposite to me in many ways. even so we are the same in so many other ways. i am amazed by his patience and unconditional love for me...
6. jeff didn't think we were meant to marry each other at first because i was sure i wanted to be in ministry with my husband, and he was going to only be an engineer. its interesting how things change without any planning on our part, but perfect planning on God's part.
5. finding real & authentic community after graduating from college has been a difficult journey, one that i think i am still on...
4. i studied fiber in art school. my emphasis was in surface design, specifically natural dyes. i really miss having that opportunity to be creative in my every day life. i worked in an art gallery when i graduated and learned to really love interior design as well.
3. i am a certified art teacher. i realized after student teaching that i wanted more one on one interaction with kids to help them with things they were dealing with. hence the marriage and family therapy :) and let me just say that psychology masters programs are VERY different from fine art undergrad programs... i've been a bit culture shocked, but am adjusting to articles and papers and reading text books with absolutely no pictures...
2. i have been in a spiritual desert off and on for a few years now. being in ministry, and church often seeming to be "work", has presented some challenges to my daily walk with God that i haven't quite figured out how to overcome... jeremiah 29:11-13 has been really important to me in this season... i still have a hope that He is what He says He is. i know i can trust that even when i don't understand Him.
1. we are in the process of buying our first house. its a little bit of a fixer upper, which we are so excited about... and i will get to have a little studio in one of the spare bedrooms...yay!

3 comments:
Thanks so much for sharing! I miss you girl! We need to get together and pull out the ole clarinets together. I haven't touched mine since school. I know how it feels to miss your creative side! Mitch and I also can sympathize with your loss-I just went through the same thing in December. I think it is a blessing to know they're with God. We hopefully with have another on the way soon. :) Love ya.
bravo on opening up and sharing your vulnerability...was this a thinly disguised self-assessment assignment from one of your grad classes? :)
thanks rach that was very telling and I am excited to have made the blog in the four brothers category. health nut you should send some of that to the rest of the fam.
Love ya and thanks for sharing all that
Post a Comment